The Datatex approach
After 25 years of intensive activity fully dedicated to the textile and apparel industry, Datatex has become the only vertical ERP solution company that can provide:
- Solution based on latest web based technology, already running on the cloud;
- Annual new versions and system releases providing technology and functionality upgrades;
- Fully manned help desk facilities in many languages;
- Competence networks in 5 continents providing local support;
- Access to the world’s largest and best trained grouped of textile and apparel ERP consultants;
- Access to world’s largest group of textile and apparel solution users.
This unlike most vertical solution providers, thanks to:
- Largest textile install base in the world;
- Largest number of countries where our solutions are installed and running;
- Hundreds of satisfied customers with tens of thousands of concurrent users;
- Over 25 years of activity with the same focus, same ownership;
- Never stopping to invest in development, with exceptionally high percent of revenue going towards R&D;
- Active product laboratory (datatex Lab. Srl);
- Advanced Technology ( web services among others) allowing for full integration of shop floor and corporate systems to our ERP solution;
- Availability of full suite of fully integrated solutions for all areas of activity from fiber to garment, from sales to purchasing thru inventory control, WMS, planning, scheduling, shop floor management, costing, maintenance, quality management, BI, CRM, PDM and more;
- Textile and apparel planning systems;
- Textile and apparel scheduling systems.
When Datatex came into being in 1987 it brought together two sets of expertise: the first was that of a group of textile management consultants, highly familiar with the sector’s working practices; the second was that of an established software house, specializing in ERP – enterprise resource planning – solutions.
Their aim was to build an ERP application for the textile and apparel sector that would adapt itself to the working practice of each company – rather than forcing users to adapt their processes to the application.
Their second aim was to develop a service model going well beyond the simple delivery of a software package – a long-term commitment to creating software solutions for the textile and apparel sector with extended life-cycles that grow and support the user’s changing business operations through the years.